деньги в займ на карту

Apple warns iPod & iPhone users about static shocks

Posted in iPod by Conner Flynn on May 20th, 2009

iPod touchLooks like price isn’t the only shock that iPod and iPhone users have to look forward to. Apple is advising iPod and iPhone owners to choose to wear natural fibers rather than synthetic materials, install an air humidifier, and avoid touching their PMP, in the hope that it will prevent static electricity shocks. The advice is part of a warning added to the company’s support site this week, where it blames “extremely dry air” for most static build-up, and denies any particular susceptibility of iPods and iPhones themselves.

The static electricity build-up can apparently be caused by low-humidity environments, using an iPod in a windy environment, and repeated removal and replacement of an iPod into a bag or pocket. Apple also suggests that jogging or exercising can trigger such static, as can wearing materials such as nylon.