These days phones have invaded every aspect of our lives. However according to the experts at WHO, they emit radio-frequency waves which when absorbed by the human body prove harmful. The powers-that-be have come up with a standard called Specific absorption rate (SAR) and the FCC now requires cell phone makers to report the SAR level of their devices. The upper cap on acceptable levels is less than or equal to 1.6 watts per kilogram (W/kg).
Here is a list of the top 10 lowest radiation emitting cell phones.
1. LG Quantum (AT&T): 0.35 W/kg
2. Casio EXILIM (Verizon Wireless): 0.53 W/kg
3. Pantech Breeze II (AT&T, AT&T GoPhone): 0.55 W/kg
4. Sanyo Katana II (Kajeet): 0.55 W/kg
5. Samsung Fascinate (Verizon Wireless): 0.57 W/kg
6. Samsung Mesmerize (Galaxy S) (CellularONE, U.S. Cellular): 0.57 W/kg
7. Samsung SGH-a197 (AT&T GoPhone): 0.59 W/kg
8. Samsung Contour (MetroPCS): 0.60 W/kg
9. Samsung Gravity T (SGH-T669) (T-Mobile): 0.62 W/kg
10. Samsung SGH-T249 (T-Mobile): 0.63 W/kg