Steve Jobs and Apple officially announced the new iPhone 3G today set to ship July 11, Shortly after the 2nd version of the popular mobile handset appeared on the Apple Store giving some long-awaited answers and putting many rumors to bed about the changes to the iPhone.
Lots of applications and lots of games were highlights of the presentation today for the iPhone, showing off what can be done and what has been done with the iPhone SDK. Also included in this model is GPS mapping, support for more business-centric applications like Microsoft Exchange and of course the faster 3G wireless connection. Based on these features it’s very apparent that Apple was listening to requests and complaints after the launch of the original iPhone. Major issues like a maps with no GPS and an internet browser with too slow of a connection to use are no longer, or at least much less of an issue.
Here’s a quick rundown of some of the more interesting specs:
- 16GB model comes in either black or white, 8GB model in black only.
- 2.0 megapixel camera with photo geotagging now wit the new GPS included
- 10 hours of talk time on 2G network, 5 hours on 3G
- 300 hours of standby time
- Accelerometer, Proximity and Ambient light sensors
- Bluetooth 2.0